Girl, 16, dead and two men arrested after ‘takeaway bloodbath’ in village

A 16-year-old girl has died and two men have been arrested after a ‘major incident’ in a Welsh village.

South Wales Police have confirmed the ‘sudden and unexplained’ death of the teen in Ynyswen, in Rhondda, South Wales.

It comes after officers rushed to the village after neighbours heard screams near the Blue Sky Chinese takeaway earlier today.

Two men who have been arrested over the incident are currently in hospital receiving treatment for serious injuries.

Police believe the three people involved knew each other and they are not looking for any other suspects.

Residents described the scene as a ‘bloodbath’, with one neighbour describing how he saw a distraught girl sitting on the pavement ‘covered in blood’.

Superintendent Rich Jones, from South Wales Police, said: “This is clearly a very serious incident which has caused significant shock and concern for both the local and wider community.

“We have a dedicated team of detectives working hard to establish the exact circumstances that have led to the tragic death of this young girl.

“While the investigation is still in its early stages, we can confirm that those involved are understood to know to each other and we are currently not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.

“There will be significant police presence in Baglan Street over the weekend but we will reopen the road at the earliest opportunity.

“In the meantime, the support and understanding of the local community is very much appreciated.”

A neighbour said 31 emergency service vehicles descended on the scene after the incident.

Drone images show that a police forensics tent has been set up outside a home in the village as officers gather evidence.

Neighbour John Belgrove 46, said: “I was in my workshop when I heard sirens and saw police everywhere.

“There was a girl sitting on a pavement – she was in her pyjamas and they were covered in blood.

“I could see she was sobbing and in a terrible state.”

Neighbour Mavis Wakeford said: “It is very serious. The police have stopped me going out the back and told me to stay inside.”

A smaller cordon has been set up within the larger cordon and officers are carrying out investigations along the street.